The vision of the Actuarial Society is an actuarial profession of substance and stature, serving, and valued by, our stakeholders as a primary source of authoritative advice and thought leadership in the understanding, modelling and management of financial and other measurable risk.
As an organisation we have supported this Maths and Science initiative, as we believe that it has the potential to enable more learners to qualify and pass at the Tertiary level at University. South Africa needs more actuaries and to study for this wonderful career, learners need to achieve above 80% in their Matric final exams! Those who can do this, must surely consider this as a possible career.
The goals of the Actuarial Society are to:
- Ensure that enough young people qualify, pass their tertiary studies and enter the Actuarial profession.
- Grow the reputation of the actuarial profession in South Africa as one of substance and stature, serving and valued by our stakeholders.
- Develop the knowledge, expertise and skills of members and grow the reputation of the profession as a primary source of authoritative advice and thought leadership in the understanding, modelling and management of financial and other measurable risk.
- Develop a profession whose professional conduct and discipline meet the highest professional standards.
- Deliver professional member services that are valued by its members.
- Develop the demographic representation of the profession in a way that supports transformation in South Africa.
For more information about this career, click on the link below: